This blog contains links to my affiliates.

Christmas Trees Come Down and Dreams Take Hold

                                  A Look Back at 2017

Happy 2018! For so many reasons, I'm happy to say goodbye to 2017 and welcome a new year, full of possibilities and a fresh start, a renewed commitment to my goals and dreams. Dreams that have been bubbling inside of me but needed to be fine-tuned and pointed in a more specific direction. 

My love of interior styling and design have lead me here, however long the path may have been, it's in my blood and pushing me in the direction I need to be to fulfill my dreams. I've thought about blogging about design and for some reason it scared me. Now, with a renewed purpose I know that this is where I can tell the whole story. 

Many of you will have known me from my Instagram account where I've built a nice following. I've enjoyed the community and made some fabulous friends there. I've loved the ease of a quick, unplanned post and story sharing, but I always felt I had more to tell. More than just one picture could tell a story of. My love of photography has filled many phones and camera chips with artsy decor shots that all too often are lost on the Instagram community, yet they are an important part of the styling, they lend a close look at the texture, color, pattern, or mood of the look and for that reason, I need to blog.

So, with that said, I hope you follow along both here and my other social media outlets and hang on for the ride. I'm thankful for you and look forward to sharing 2018 with you.

Now lets look back at some highlights from 2017 that you may have missed if you just found me.

A Red and White Christmas


The look that is most popular for me at the Holidays is our large red and white Christmas tree. I surprises me with the amount of cottage farmhouse bloggers and accounts that show all white and neutral Christmas decor, that there would be a following that still loves tradition red at Christmas but I've had many of you tell me how much you love the red!!!

Our main tree here in the living room is always at large tree, at least twelve feet tall. For the last two years we have went with the 15 ft King Flock Tree from King of Christmas who has both flocked and natural trees. This tree was pre-lit with warm white LED bulbs and came in five parts plus the stand. The flocking can be a bit of a mess but I think a little cleanup is worth the look. For an extra white touch you can add more white lights, twinkle lights, or cotton batting to imitate snow covered branches. 


Another pop of red comes from our stockings. I few years ago I ordered these red and white velvet stockings with custom embroidered names from Pottery Barn and they are such a classic style that they have offered them each year since. I opted for a few mini pine tree tops that I picked up early in the season from Michaels rather than garland and I think it's a cleaner look and adds some height. 

      Whimsical ornament trees and jars of candy canes add detail to the banister and excitement to the surrounding tree area.


                             Setting the table with Holiday style

A few holiday touches can pop your everyday dishes. Here I used a few ornaments along with a mini pine tree top in my everyday red serving bowl to create a simple center piece for this holiday tablescape. To add that special touch to each place setting I chose chocolate Santas from Williams Sonoma which are foil wrapped and prefect for dessert or a trinket to take home.

Red is definitely a Holiday color I will continue to use in the future. I hope you've gathered some inspiration and if you don't already with add red to you Holiday look or just your everyday decor.








No comments